Call us on 0800 211 8310 - or complete our Free Quote Form below.
What is CCTV used for?
This is a varied question, so we will explore it in a general sense rather than getting too technical.
CCTV stands for Closed Circuit TeleVision – i.e CCTV is a Video and TV system designed to be used in a closed fashion – i.e. not broadcast (the name comes from many years ago).
CCTV is mainly used for monitoring of properties, people and stock – such as a shop where people and items may need to be watched to prevent theft.
Other uses for CCTV may include:
- Monitoring people in busy areas (London Underground) to avoid crushing
- Watching animals in a zoo
- Watching stock in a shop
- Recording customer activity in a bank – keeps recording should there be an incident
- Police cars and riots – evidence collection
There are many uses for CCTV.. got any suggestions?
Read more Questions & Answers
Complete the form if you would like a free no-obligation quote for CCTV installation.
- Free Quote within 24 hours
- Friendly advice 0800 211 8310
- Nationwide CCTV Installation
- Professional Local Installers
- Full HD Recording