Call us on 0800 211 8310 - or complete our Free Quote Form below.
How to request CCTV footage in the UK
CCTV Systems in the UK are covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 – and because they are, you can request footage of you from the organisation that operates the CCTV equipment.
For example if your bag was stolen in a pub – you can ask the landlord to make available to you footage of the theft.
There are certain elements to be aware of mind you…
- You have to request in writing to the owner of the CCTV system (these can often be found on signs close to the CCTV System)
- You will have to provide them with information about the times you wish to view, these must obviously correlate to the times you were filmed. You might want to consider adding in the letter a description of yourself and your clothing.
- The organisation must issue you with a copy of the CCTV footage within 40 calendar days.
- They may charge you a fee of £10 for this.
- Consider including a photo of yourself to help the CCTV operator identify yourself more easily.
As a side note, many systems in the UK are not of good enough quality to prosecute – and this is apparently as much as 80% of systems used today.
WE CANNOT HELP YOUR CLAIM FOR CCTV FOOTAGE – PLEASE SPEAK TO WHOEVER OWNS THE CCTV SYSTEM IN QUESTION
Read more Questions & Answers
Complete the form if you would like a free no-obligation quote for CCTV installation.
- Free Quote within 24 hours
- Friendly advice 0800 211 8310
- Nationwide CCTV Installation
- Professional Local Installers
- Full HD Recording